Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Truth Behind the Mask

Finally, my college play (which is my assignment)has finally over. Being one of the main character is really stress out. I have challenge what is so called impossible for me. As you know, I'm a wacky, funny character. However, in this play I play the sorrowful Antonio. (The title is Merchant of Venice by Shakespere and believe me... You don't want to mess with Shakespere's work... You'll explode understanding his stuff...) The huge contrast in my own character has finally paid of...


I have to hide my wacky face behind the mask...

Let me stress on this... I see a lot mask throughout my life... But thanks to this play, I found out there are much more mask that I ever saw before.



All of my friends who worked in this play and make it successful, I'm seriously thankful. However, I found out that are much more than what's beneth the eyes.


One of my friend who I expect he is fun, socialable person. However, I think I have accidentally crack the mask of his... He became so tension in the process, and tried very hard to create a thick mask to hide his tension. Unfortunately, one day, his mask cracked and unleashed a side I never imagine...


There is even one I thought he is OK with everyone... However, he reveal to me about his disstatisfaction about many stuff in the play. I'm pretty suprise these words came out from his mouth... (I won't say it out to provide privacy)

Another one... How thick will your mask go.. If your BF/GF is in the play... Being others couple? It's tough, but one of my friend has to do it... The mask he/she wearing is extremely thick... And thank God nothingbad happen...

This is the best Mask... There is another "couple" that should be on the play... Both of them are single... However, both have no relationship even aftr the play... Well this is the interesting part... The "she" real character is arragont and hate those who are not "up to her standard". And seriously, the "he" does not up to her standard. However, we can see both of them perform so well in that play... Very well, till we thought those 2 are meant to be together... Again... Her Mask took the important role.

As a conclusion... There is always a mask behind everybody. However, these mask play a very important role on hiding their real personality. It might fit to everybody, however, where would your true self be? Hidden behind the mask? Whatever, but I believe...

Wearing a mask is really... A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!


No comments: