Saturday, March 28, 2009

Earth Hour: One person is not enough...

Walking back to my room from the dinner yesterday,
I notice the clock strikes 8.30.
I close my eyes... A bizare sight occured...
Darkness (To a certain extent... of course)

I see the young kids...
Running around from blocks to blocks...
They were the wardens chldren.
It is a funny sight, as I notice them running around...
Reaching out for the switches...
And darken the corridor.

Darkness falls...
As I enter my room, my roomates is in the dark.
Ready to go out while I switch on the fan.
"No.. We have to switch off everything during this one hour..."
That I knew... He had misunderstood the meaning of Earth Hour.

In my opinion, Earth Hour is just a symbol...
To see how many people hated global warming...
To enjoy the sensation of darkness...
To return one hour of nature back to the Earth

But what if... After this one hour...
You go back to your normal life.
When no one's around, the lights and fan are switched on...
When the afternoon shines so brightly but the light in your room is still on...

What is the point of that?
Do you really think you really against global warming?
Do you really done your part on saving the Earth?

One hour is not enough...
I am just one person...
We must continue on...
For our land...
For our nation..
For our next generation...
For EARTH!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
SzeLing said...

Damn rite!! I read in the newspaper that during Earth Hour there was a HUGE drop in the eleticity usage in M'sia...but after 9.30 pm it was on fullblat all over again.. Earth Hour will not play its part if we only care for that ONE hour...